MOST RECENT BLOG POSTS :

9.21.2015

Cleopatra at le Poisson Rouge

Friends,

Please join me next month for a modern music showdown with my dear pals Brad and Doug Balliett. Presented by Metropolis Ensemble at LPR, Brad and I prepare to face off in the debut of Doug Balliett's "Cleopatra" cantata. Rumor has it Brad is preparing to eat his bassoon reed. Meanwhile, I boldly challenge Liz Taylor to a best dressed competition.

If you've never seen a wrestling match between voice and bassoon, it's new music's answer to the monster truck rally. Who will win?

Sunday, Oct 11
le Poisson Rouge
158 Bleeker St, NYC
6:00pm

If you're thinking, what on earth does this sound like, here's what happened last time Doug, Brad and I battled...

HECUBA: "Where Did You Go?" from Opera Cabal on Vimeo.

No comments: