MOST RECENT BLOG POSTS :

12.04.2006

"Sometimes you set out walking briskly on the path to disaster"


With those words, Ira Glass introduced last week's episode of TAL.

Here's my particular itinerary:


http://www.cabbage-soup-diet.com


I'm thinking of it less as a "diet" and more of a "consumption experiment," what with 3 and half days until deadline and a disclaimer that says, "you should only go on this diet for one week at a time, then resume your normal eating for at least two weeks. The cabbage soup diet is too low in complex carbohydrates, protein, vitamins and minerals to continue for longer than this."

Fasting turns me into a useless heap of non-productivity (y'know, lying about counting the number of times you blink between sips of lemon-juice/cayanne water). This seems like it might strike a balance....asceticism for the hedonist.

For example, today I've consumed:
2.5 lbs of mixed berries (yum yum)
1 apple (fuji - very sweet)
32 oz. pure unfiltered blueberry juice
2.5 lbs. of red seedless grapes (- well, I didn't eat the stems, so maybe less than that)
16oz. coffee (no dairy/sugar)
lots of water
The namesake soup is simmering as I type. I'm a little LESS excited about this, but all in the name of the experiment, yes?

Perhaps in a flash of not enough complex carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins, and minerals I'll come up with a title for the opera.

Maybe that will happen on nothing-but-bananas-and-skim-milk-day.

(n.)

No comments: